Do you need some present ideas for a beloved bookworm? Then look no further! Read on to get some inspiration for books and more.
If it’s a book you’re thinking of then head over to Pigeon Books on Albert Road for some of these suggestions:
· For the recently single family member or friend, buy them What a Time To Be Alone by Chidera Eggerue
· For the prize winning readers, try Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo or Queenie by Candice Cart-Williams.
· For the one that tries to keep the peace at Christmas, buy them Humankind by Rutger Bregman
· For animal and art lover, buy them The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse by Charlie Mackesy
· For the one that loved Fleabag, buy them In At The Deep End, by Kate Davies
· For the one that needs some confidence and reassurance, buy them The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
· For the younger teen readers, try Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman or Turtles All the Way Down by John Green.
· For the little ones, buy The Dinky Donkey Toy Set by Craig Williams (which comes with an adorable cuddly toy too!).
Or maybe you’d rather not choose a book for them. Below is a list of goodies that will perfectly accompany any book.
Local Wonders –
Local Southsea artist Daisy draws and prints cult comedy bookmarks. Think quotes from Fleabag, The Office, Peep Show, and many more. Check out her Etsy store here
Plants and Their Pots
Displaying books on their shelves has become an art in itself. What could be prettier than using a beautiful potted plant as a bookend or just additional decoration? Rose Clover can definitely help you out here – they have a huge array of indoor plants and pots online and in store. Find her website here
Bath Bombs and Oils
There’s nothing quite like a glass of wine, a soak in the tub and a book to sink into. Southsea Bathing Hut has a wide range of oils, salts and bombs your book lover will adore. Their website is here
However, if they’re more of a shower lover, then I can personally recommend Coastal Remedy’s shower melts. Have a look here
Another reading essential is a great smelling candle and for that I’d suggest Eclettika. Their candles are soy based so vegan friendly too. Find all options here:
Further Afield –
Books That Matter
This is a gorgeously packaged, monthly book subscription service that focuses on feminist fiction. Each month you’ll receive a book (that you can keep as a surprise or check out their Instagram for the reveal a week before shipping) and some other treats from women-run businesses. Buy it for yourself or for a friend, they’re the perfect treat. Check them out here:
And Just Some Little Stocking Fillers –
· For quirky keyrings, check out Flamingo Candles
· For stunning pin badges, get over to Milk and Moon
· For incredibly designed notebooks and more, you’ll want to find Nikki Strange
For more recommendations and ideas, feel free to come and find me on Instagram @TheBookishMindset. As ever, if you can, please shop local too! I couldn’t recommend enough the team at Pigeon Books on Albert Road.
Find out more about Nikki and the Bookish Mindset here